Just a few last thoughts as we conclude the Book of Nehemiah. First, I want to thank all of those who participated in this study. Please send me a private message through the Contact Page with your address, so I can send you a free gift! (I will extend this invitation to anyone who has followed along up until June 30th) I just want to say how encouraging it has been to partner with you in studying the Word! Thanks for saying "yes" and digging in with me!
The book of Nehemiah has new found favor with me when I consider all the nuggets and step back to see them in the whole picture. This book is really about reformation, and isn't that where we, the Church, is today? In need of reformation? The Church today can learn alot from Nehemiah's leadership and his resolve to build upon a holy foundation.
Some of the key points to remember are outlined quite nicely by Mike Bickle in a teaching posted a few years back I found located here: Teaching from Mike Bickle on Nehemiah.
Here are the key things the Lord really highlighted to me that I am still meditating in:
- When compelled by God, don't hesitate. Say Yes. Hold on to the "yes" in your heart and stay true to what He's called you to do.
- Governing with God in anointed Administration is an honor. If you are gifted with Administration, learn from Nehemiah that this is truly a high calling and necessary for Kingdom-culture reformation.
- God always meant for the temple to be at the center of life. Worship & Prayer was always meant to be the center of our daily lives and culture and we should look at the commandments that Nehemiah set in place and seriously see whether the Church today is lined up with them. Start with you and your family. Get in alignment with these commands (Sabbath, being equally yoked with spousal relationships & business relationships, and giving of tithes)
- Everyone has a role in the temple. (Church) The temple life is not just for "priests" and Levites, musicians and singers. Everyone in the community plays a role in keeping the temple of God the center of life. This is a BIG deal to the Lord. Today I am processing how to set the foundations in place for this culture of rich, spiritual, community.
- Looking at the book as a whole, what was 1 or 2 major things that you feel like the Lord highlighted to you that you will continue to meditated on and pray about?
- How did you like doing an online Bible study? Shall we do this again in the future? I'd love to hear how it worked for you!
Father, thanks for all those who have visited and participated in the Bible Study these last two weeks. Would you bless them now with the richness of Your Word, that it would go down deep and take root. That all that was received would remain. Thank You Father for opening our eyes, and awareness of You. Thank You for Your Word to us. We love you today, in Jesus Name, Amen,